Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Naoto Fukasawa: Juice Packaging


While researching for another blog post I came across the work of Naoto Fukasawa, and I was fascinated by his attention to simple details.
Naoto Fukasawa is a Japanese industrial designer.  During the 80s he worked for Seiko-Epson Group. In 1989 he came to San Francisco and joined the precursor to IDEO group. He has received over 50 design awards in Europe and the US. His designs include everything from phone to fans to CD players. But today I am drooling over his ideas for juice boxes. His ideas are strikingly simplistic and a true balance of form and function.


 

"I imagined that if the surface of the package imitated the color and texture of the fruit skin, then the object would reproduce the feel of the real skin."





1 comment:

  1. Having trouble deciding which is my favorite. I think I'd be thrilled to carry any one of them around. SO cool. Talk about thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.