Monday, July 25, 2011

LOVE: Cheese


I have had dairy on the brain lately. This time I am all about CHEESE. Next to Ice Cream, cheese is my favorite kind of dairy. Cheese come a variety of flavors and textures, and most are delicious. And I am definitely not talking about your shredded cheese in a zipped up bag. Specialty cheese call for a specialty label. Whether that is the in the care of illustration, type or the label process, using these techniques help consumers know that this cheese is something special.
Divine Dairy redesign by Frank Aloi is really want inspired my new obsession with all things dairy label. A hint of vintage yet modern has made me salivate for these Australian cheeses. With most cheese labels coming in hues of tan, brown, orange, and blue I love the refreshing pop of vibrant magenta, orange, blue, red, and green. The traditional circle found on many cheese labels is still present but it's been given a new twist. 
Adir Dairy in the Upper Galilee region.


I have to give a shout out for Shatto Milk Company. The designers were from SHS a Wichita/Kansas City Company. I love their simplified approach to their product. Small circular labels, so that you know that CHEESE is the hero of this story. The color palette is pleasing and sophisticated.
Carriage Bistro by Tim McLaughlin


Sartori Cheese from Plymouth, Wisconsin. Somehow in my dad's off route adventures we have never been out to visit this cheese factory.  They have a variety of designs for their different levels of artisan cheese: classic, limited, and reserved. Personally I love the classic version best, but to each his own.
Nezinscot Farm


Cheese has typically included location that cheese was produced, but this Waitrose Cheese was the first to include county of origin in their design. 
 ________________________________________________
 SOME YUMMY VINTAGE CHEESE PACKAGING
________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.