Saturday, October 29, 2011

Making Budgets Go Farther

Yes, typically I am a design blog. Recently I have had a greater needs to make my funds stretch father. My husband is still and school, and I have to provide for all the bills. WE do not have room for splurging on fun. But on occasion I can get a little fun or save a little more by:

  • Plan your Meals around what is on sale at the grocery store.
  •  Save money, energy, and water by taking "Navy Showers". Basically you shut the water off when you are not using the water in the shower.
  • Make a budget when shopping, and then keep a running total while you shop. It will help you track spending and stay on budget.
  • Inbox Dollars: I earn money at the slowest rate on this site. Mostly money is earned through surverys, emails, and watch ads. The great part of this site is that it gives actual money, not gift cards.
  • MyPoints: This site has you earn money through web searches, surveys, emails, and online shopping. You can do the shopping that you were going to do already, but just get points back on it. You redeem points for gift cards, and you have to wait for them to be mailed to you.
  • Swagbucks: I earn money through surveys, polls, watching ads, and web searches. The points rack up most quickly on this site. I use those points to buy Amazon gift cards (which can buy almost anything.)
Do you have any secrets you use to save/provide more money for yourself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.