Friday, December 23, 2011

Photography Inspiration: Diane Arbus

A very well-known American photography for capturing images of "freaks". Arbus' images have always inspired me by their ability to break down barriers and break through comfort zones. Her images are often edgy or oddly discomforting. She managed to reject societies comfort with people who were considered unusual, she discomforts her viewers by the essence and subject matter of the photography, and often times she invaded these people's homes and taking multitudes of photos invading their own comfort level. I wish I had her ability to leave my discomforts behind and because an artist behind the camera lens. I am too shy to jump in and take the photo, but Diane Arbus was brave.


"Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They are aristocrats" - Diane Arbus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.