Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blackout Poetry

Sifting through the many blogs I follow I found this intriguing idea: newspaper blackout poetry. Something creative, but fairly different from what I do day-in and day-out. Maybe it will even help me to be a better copywriter. It is a challenge and a struggle for me to come up with copy on command, that is why a copywriter is its own profession. It wouldn't have to be a newspaper. It could even be one of my own ads, where I was forced to add too much copy. HA!



Do you have any blackout poetry you would like to share? (Since I haven't written a poem since high school, I am a little shy. Maybe your confidence will inspire me to be brave.)

1 comment:

  1. This is SO cool. Might be what I end up doing with old magazines before they land in the recycling bin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.