Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Laundry Day

It's laundry day, and since we can only wash one load at a time I sit with nothing to do for hours. I had lent my SLR to my brother, so I only had my phone to take pictures with. It always surprises me the advancement in technology. MY first cellphone 5 years ago was a little flip phone, with no camera at all. I bought my second phone one year later, because the flip phone had split in two along the hinge. This new camera had a 1 megapixel camera in it. The images were not the best, but could be a great way to communicate with some grainy and pixilated  images. My next phone I replace 2 years later, when my contract expired. this phone has a 2 megapixel camera. It was better, but it is still grainy and blurry. Then in March I replaced my phone again when I switched carriers. My latest phone has 5 megapixels and takes photos like this:






Okay I am no William Eggleston or Cartier Bresson or Diane Arbus, but these photos strike my fancy a little. Taking photos can be a great way to pass the time, while being creative. Technology is a allowing us to this with smaller and smaller equipment. I still would have rather pulled out my SLR, but this little phone camera did well to fuel my creative outlet. What do you do while you wait for laundry?

1 comment:

  1. I take photos, too http://on.fb.me/pDGgRO :)

    Something about your last photo really catches my eye. The composition sticks with me. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.