Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Redo

This weekend I finally accomplished something I have had on my to-do list for awhile. This was my great grandmother's bed-set that she had given to me when she had given to me after she passed away. It was with me most of my childhood, and it has seen better days. (If you look closely you can see all the sticker residue.) My grandmothers was one of those who would one an item re-purposed than traded or hidden away. If it functions for you and makes you happy, that is all that she would want.

Total Make-over: $33
Spray Paint (2-cans): $6
Lace (1.5 ft): $5
Contact Paper: $4
Glass Knobs (6 knobs): $18






Steps to a great new look for your dress: 
  1. Clean Dresser (Alcohol works best)
  2. Fill in any holes with wood filler
  3. Sand (Start with 120 grit and work your way up to 220 // If this is a Formica dresser make sure surface is dull looking after you sand so that paint with adhere to the surface)
  4. Wipe down the dust
  5. Cut and adhere the lace (Use book paste or spray adhesive)
  6. Then spray paint in a clean well-ventilated area. 
  7. Let it dry over night. 
  8. Add knobs. (These are hand cut glass, so you can save money by using knobs that aren't as pricey)
Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.