Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Jacked In or Not?



Recently I took a vacation from work, and there is was the concern of what would happen if an emergency occurred while I was away. My boss calmed herself when she realized that I had a smart phone and could check emails on my phone, but I revved up the anxiety when I explain I do not stay linked in away from the office. Yes, technology has made my life incredibly easy to stay connected, but I know that I don't want it to rule my life. I have never added my work email to my phone. I do not want to hear alerts or deal with the stress of taking work home with me. I already work 8 to 5; I don't need to tack on 5 more hours (that's my time).

Everyone was easily shocked by relaxed notion of being connected 24/7. I pretty much ignore my phone at night unless I am expecting a call. that is the best part of technology I can use it when it is convenient to me, and put it away when I would rather focus on the life going on around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.