Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not Musically Inclined

It seems increasingly I have noticed to more and more websites using music. This is a fatal error for almost any site. Ones that sell or about musicians it is understandable that they would play music (although I don't think any website should automatically play music it should have to be selected). Music is a lead turn off for me of any website. Most of the time it isn't music I like (a big problem is that there is only a small selection of people that like the same type of music). When I am on my compute I typically am playing my OWN music so the websites contribution just makes noise to drive me nuts.

So if you are looking to enhance your website look for something besides music. Especially photographers seem to be the worst at it. Don't choose music, choose a cool transition effect for displaying your photos. Learn some Java, anything but music.

Remember friends don't let friends put music on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Design Morsels.